Sunday, November 19, 2006

Princess Hill Primary fete

I went early and this time wore a hat which was sensible. It was quite a bit more expensive than others I've been to recently but I guess that illustrates the difference in demographic between Greensborough and North Carlton!

I got two huge pot plants for $15 each which is not a bargain by garage sale standards but still cheaper than the nursery.




red-flowering pig-face




purple flowering something-or-other




magazine stand $2




and a domestic assortment: hanging tea light holders - 50c each, flute-edged blue glazed bowls - $1 each, tumblers with repro/retro design - 50c each, and a rather ugly coffee mug - 50c - but it's big so will hold my large morning coffee from my caffeine supplier near the studio and I can do away with paper cups.




for my fella and his new adventure for next year.

I also got some Christmas presents so I can't really post them here as that will give them away.

I haven't been to many garage sales of late but that's because there are just so many fetes on at this time of year. If you're in the area and of the mind there are 2 on next weekend. Bell Primary in Preston is having an election day fete and on sunday the Golden Mary church in Nicholson st brunswick east is having a bazaar.

2 comments:

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

Nice set of Ugly Amber cups and saucers.i wonder if amber glass will ever come back to the mainstream...

Anna Davern said...

whadda you mean, ugly?