Sunday, January 28, 2007

In January...

...there are no garage sales! Not a one! ...oh well, ok, one. At which I got for $5 each:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 outdoor, falling apart chairs which are (apparently)
from the French Riviera!


Otherwise, there's only 2nd hand bookshop and expensive op-shop purchases. The op-shop in Warrandyte may be open on Sunday's but that's no excuse for daylight robbery. I found these beautiful Micasa coffee cups...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


with 10 cents very clearly written on the bottom...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And the shop assistant tried to convince me that it said 1 dollar!!

I also got these fabulous glasses for $2 which make things appear brighter (good for when you're in a melancholy mood) but strangely work very well at cutting out the glare.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And this gorgeous bag - which I've dubbed my 80's Mosman bag - and its contents:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
some finished and unfinished needlepoint and wool


and 1941 which I remember seeing when I was in high school and being strangely aroused by the make out scene in the B52.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And from the 2nd hand bookshop, I got this excellent resource...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And this was an absolute find

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


which contained many wonderous things including this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
yes, it's some fluffy slippers on a shag rug with an illustration of the yarra


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
more research material


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
dunno what this is like but my sailing buddy pursuaded me to get it.


and this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


which contains these gems...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
making acrylic jewellery


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"An attractive hold-all in Indian style"!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and I believe these are all the rage in crafty blog-land


So altogether, not a bad start to the year.

cheers, Anna

4 comments:

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

wow, back with avengance!!
what a haul!
those euro chairs look like they arrived by sea and washed up on the beach.

Zedd said...

After looking at those lovely Mikasa mugs, I noticed while doing the washing up the other morning that my very favourite break-it-and-die mug is indeed a Mikasa: 70's brown on the outside, marigold yellow inside. Every cup of anything tastes and feels good from that cup!
Up the Mikasa!

leslie said...

i was about to post the exact same words as rebecca, "wow, what a haul". creepy!

great stuff, though, very happy to have a fellow mikasa lover : )

Beck said...

anna dee I grew up with that readers digest book of things to make and do, and let me tell you everything I know and love about craft goes right back to this mighty tome.